Dental Crowns in McKinney, TX
Natural-Looking, Custom-Made Restorations
From chipped teeth to unsightly decay, dental imperfections can impact more than just your appearance - they can influence your overall oral health too. Among the myriad of solutions available today, dental crowns stand out as a potent blend of cosmetic and restorative dentistry. As a seasoned cosmetic dentist in McKinney, TX, Dr. Jaiswal is ready to fortify your smile and enhance your appearance with natural-looking dental crowns.
Ready to Learn More? Schedule an Appointment!Schedule an Appointment OnlineCall Us Today! 214-504-0500
What are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns, often referred to as "caps", are prosthetic devices cemented onto existing teeth or implants. Unlike dentures, which can be taken out and cleaned daily, crowns are permanent and can only be removed by a dentist. Now, you might be wondering, "what are dental crowns made of?" At Starlite Dental, we use Filtek™ metal-free restorations. These crowns are crafted without the use of metals, ensuring a natural appearance while delivering strength and longevity to the tooth.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
- Restorative Power: Crowns restore a tooth's shape, size, and functionality, ensuring you can eat and speak without hindrance.
- Cosmetic Enhancement: They are custom-made to fit the shape and color of your teeth, seamlessly blending with your natural smile.
- Durability: Filtek™ metal-free crowns are known for their durability and strength.
- Protection: Crowns protect weak or cracked teeth from further damage.
- Versatility: They can cover discolored teeth, support a large filling, or even be used on top of an implant.
Common Reasons for Crowns:
- Fractured or broken teeth
- Large cavities where more than 50 percent tooth structure is involved
- Teeth that are root canal treated
- Esthetic or cosmetic improvement
- Teeth that are sensitive to hot or cold
- Full Mouth Restorations
The process for doing a crown is simple and usually requires two appointments.
In the first appointment, the tooth is reduced or shaped all around to include defects and weak areas and remove the decayed portion. A filling is then placed to build up tooth structure for enough retention of the crown. An impression or custom mold is then made, and the tooth is fitted with a temporary tooth. The temporary tooth helps to heal the gums around the tooth and prevents fracture of the tooth. The impression is sent to a lab and a final crown is made on it.
During the second appointment, usually two weeks later, the temporary crown is removed and the new final crown is tried in, all contacts and the bite is verified and the color is verified, if everything fits well and cemented permanently. We use the highest-grade materials for crowns in our office. A tooth colored crown, also known as Zirconia or Bruxzir Crown, is used which has highest strength and esthetics thereby improving function and esthetics at the same time. We pride ourselves in the quality of care we provide and have a warranty on our crowns for three years following placement, provided our patients maintain their preventative appointments, which help us evaluate concerns before they become major problems, another added benefit or our care for our dental family.
Aftercare and Maintenance
- Maintain Good Oral Hygiene: Regular brushing and flossing can prevent decay at the base of the crown.
- Avoid Hard Foods: Biting down on hard foods can cause crowns to chip or break.
- Wear a Mouthguard: If you have a habit of grinding your teeth, wearing a mouthguard can prevent damage to your crown.
- Regular Dental Check-ups: Visit Starlite Dental for a dental check-up every 6 months to ensure the crown and surrounding teeth remain healthy.
To ensure the longevity of your dental crown:
How Long Do Dental Crowns Last?
With proper care, dental crowns can last anywhere between 5 to 15 years, or even longer. The longevity largely depends on your oral hygiene habits, the wear and tear the crown is exposed to - like chewing hard foods, grinding teeth - and the material of the crown itself.
What Does a Dental Crown Cost?
The cost of a dental crown varies depending on several factors including the materials used, the complexity of the placement, and associated treatments if any. At Starlite Dental, we ensure transparency in our pricing. It's advisable to schedule a consultation our McKinney dentist, Dr. Jaiswal, to discuss your needs and get a detailed estimate.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Crowns?
While dental insurance coverage can vary based on the specifics of your plan, many dental insurance providers consider crowns a restorative procedure and offer partial coverage. It's always recommended to consult with your insurance provider to understand the extent of your coverage and any associated out-of-pocket costs.
Fortify Your Smile With Dental Crowns in McKinney, TX
By considering a dental crown at Starlite Dental, you're investing in a solution that promises both aesthetic appeal and oral health benefits. With Dr. Jaiswal's expertise and our commitment to quality, your smile is in the best hands. Book your consultation today to explore how dental crowns can revitalize your smile.