Sedation & Anxiety-Free Dentistry – McKinney, TX
Soothing Experiences, Beautiful Smiles
We understand that going to the dentist can be an anxious experience for some people. Our vision of creating an anxiety free experience for our patients is a multi-step process that our team implements during all your visits. Whether you are new to the Starlite Dental family or you have been a patient for a while, we will take time to get to know you and your needs, so we can provide care that is more customized to your needs. Steps that help decrease anxiety include convenient appointment times: We will work with our patients to schedule shorter or longer appointments, as our patients desire.
Ready to Learn More? Schedule an Appointment!Schedule an Appointment OnlineCall Us Today! 214-504-0500
How We Reduce Dental Fear & Anxiety
- Talk with us – We want to know what our patients expect from us and make every effort to fulfill their expectations and concerns.
- Noise cancelling headphones – We provide headphones with your choice of music, which helps you relax and dulls any noises during treatment.
- Tell-Show-Do – With all of our patients, we implement the tell-show-do principle which means during your appointments, we will tell you, show you and then perform the steps, so there are no surprises.
- Soothing office environment – our comfort menu is here to help you relax and enjoy our spa like amenities during your visit, with pillows and blankets, aroma oil diffusers, headphones and warm aroma neck wraps to soothe and relax you.
- Spraying your throat – Throat sprays (for example, Vicks® Chloraseptic® Throat Spray) can control the gag reflex very efficiently. Two or three sprays will usually keep everything under control for around an hour.
- Sedation – If none of our other methods relieve your anxiety, sedation is always an option. We offer Nitrous Oxide sedation, but the principle behind all sedation is the same: you regain your faculties after your treatment is complete.
Discuss all these options with us and decide on one that is effective and produces minimal anxiety. With any of the methods used, our aim is to create a fear free and smooth dental experience for you and your family and if there is anything that we can do to help you, please do not hesitate to inform us of the same.
Nitrous Oxide Sedation
Nitrous oxide, better known as “laughing gas,” has been used for over 100 years to soothe nervous dental patients of all ages. All a patient has to do is breathe in the colorless, odorless gas through a small nasal mask, and within moments, they will begin to feel more calm and relaxed. The mask will stay on for the entire appointment, and when it is removed, the gas’ effects quickly go away. This allows a patient to go straight back to their day without any lasting drowsiness.